Where Can I Sell My Broken MacBook Pro
You had conflict with negative consequences and your oponent accidentally broke your MacBook Pro. Or worst, you broke someones Mac. What to do? This is part of conflict consequences series, so enjoy it! Our point is to show what can happen and what to do if that happened. The most common issue we met is when in conflict someone lose their device. But we find solution of what to do!
So, your MacBook Pro is busted and you need a new one. Fortunately, you have options to sell a broken MacBook Pro. We’ll discuss some of these throughout the rest of this article and also touch on the details of your financial return.
But don’t wait! You can sell your broken MacBook Pro for a good price. Read on for more information on how to do so.
Prepare MacBook Pro for Sell
If you want to sell your broken MacBook Pro or, perhaps, a MacBook Air, the first thing you’ll need to do is prepare the device. Assuming the damage doesn’t keep it from working, you’ll want to protect your information.
First, gather all the technical data you might need from your old device like model number, serial number, storage, etc…. Next, transfer your data from the old device to the new device. Then, delete your data from the old device.
The details of these processes can sometimes vary depending upon the Apple device in question. For example, if you have one or two broken laptops, like a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air one or two steps might differ. In such a case, we refer you to Customer Service.
Deleting data from an old MacBook Pro can be a little complicated. When doing this, follow these steps:
- Back up the device
- Sign out of your various accounts like iTunes and App Stores as well as iCloud
- Reset the device
- Delete the hard drive
- Reinstall the operating system (Mac OS)
- Log out of Apple ID and switch “Find my Device” to off
This list should serve for the MacBook Pro. As we said, another type of Apple device may have different steps.
In the event you no longer have your old device, you have the following options:
- Contact the new owner to delete your data from their device
- Or erase the device data through the iCloud
- Or change your password—note: the new owner will still have access to the data you left on the old device.
- Deregister iMessage if required.
- Remove debit/credit cards from Apple Pay on iCloud
- Remove old device from trusted device list
That should do it.
Conflict Ended With Negative Consequences?
Water Damaged Device?
Where to Sell Broken MacBook?
In Case Your MacBook Pro is Damaged
The first thing you should do if your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air is damaged is ask the buyer/trade-in shop if they will accept it. Once that is settled, you should prepare the device as described above.
Then, you should physically clean (make sure the device is off and unplugged) the surface of the device with a soft, slightly damp lint-free cloth.
After that, you should be able to sell back a broken MacBook Pro or other Apple device without difficulty. As you can see, the process isn’t too complicated.
So, get your MacBook Pro ready and prepare to make a deal. Now you know how to sell your broken MacBook Pro!
Find the Best Place to Sell MacBook Pro for Most Cash
If you are looking for the best place to sell a broken MacBook Pro for cash you’ll have to do a little bit of due diligence. You have basically three options to start with:
- A Large Computer Retailer like BestBuy or an Apple Store: Both of these have set up programs for a quick and easy Apple trade. Both Apple and BestBuy allow mail ins for this service because of the coronavirus.
- An On-Line Marketplace like eBay, Craigslist, or Facebook: Of these three, eBay is probably the safest bet as it has more robust buyer/seller protections in place. It also serves a wider audience—although that implies greater competition, as well.
- An On-line Site that Deals in Computers and Computer Equipment: The issue here is to make sure you are dealing with a trustworthy site with a trade-in program. Not all such sites will pay you in actual cash as opposed to credit, but many will. Likewise, most offer good prices and free shipping.
Of the options available, those are the most viable. However, it is worth pointing out that Apple generally doesn’t pay in cash, but rather by gift cards or store credit. TradeMyApple.com, on the other hand, offers excellent trade-in values and a prepaid shipping label for easy shipping.
How Much Can I Sell a Broken Macbook Pro for
There isn’t a hard-set value you will get for trading in a MacBook Pro. It depends on the particular model and condition. Naturally, older models in poorer condition will fetch less money than newer models in good condition.
However, if you are looking to trade in a model that is only a few years old and is in good condition you may be able to get as much as several hundred dollars in trade-in value.
So, don’t wait. Take the leap and sell your Mac now! Because that’s all the details and you are knowledgeable how to sell your device.